Friday, August 21, 2015

Honourable Mention Thursthreads- Bluebell Thursday August 20, 2015

Picture

   For a few plates of food Bluebell the feral kitten entered my heart saving me from a humdrum life. Bluebell disliked my husband and clawed him often... the smart cat, for my husband soon left me for my best friend. Bluebell celebrated with me and then comforted me when my husband and best friend tragically died from faulty brakes.

   Grief for my dead cat, Bluebell had laid me low. I had decided to end it all and join her. People had said silly things to me like they deserved to die, they’re only animals or what did you expect? They don’t live long! I still expected Bluebell to greet me at the door, purring around my feet and talking to me in her high-pitched meows; which only made the grief worse.


  Continuing walking towards the pier that I planned to jump from; I heard high-pitched meows, I followed the sound and there in front of my stunned eyes was a kitten that looked like Bluebell. I bent down to pick it up and it scratched me. I smiled, for so had Bluebell when we met. Taking it to the vet, I was stunned to find out that vet believed it related to Bluebell. I named him Beau and kept him. I will always miss Bluebell, but Bluebell had saved my life yet again by directing me to Beau. Beau greets me every night now when I get home from work and I am happy again.  I have family again.
©Sheilagh Lee August 19, 2015

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your honorable mention! I love how Bluebell knew about her husband before she even did - I've always felt animals to be a good judge of character. If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won't either!

    ReplyDelete